Just for you-UIT challenge #36


Hello all! We have a great and perhaps a very tough challenge for some of you this week.  I know it was really hard for me.  This week, we want you to dig into that pile of paper you have been hoarding because it's just too pretty to cut into. USE YOUR UNCUT PAPER! You know the one, you've had it forever and don't want to touch a single piece of it because once it is gone, it's gone! What can I say except the old cliche  JUST DO IT! It's like a band aid, rip it off quickly and be done with it.  Once you make that first cut with the trimmer you are good for the rest.

So as you know, I am a big hoarder of Basic Grey.  I love BG, I adore BG.  I have a lot of BG.  There were a lot of lines for me to choose from for this week's challenge but I ended up using some Basic Grey Koshi line. So I not only used one, but several sheets of it!  Go big or go home right???  I have this in the 12x12 and the 6x6 so really, there's no excuse for me not to use it, I just wanted to keep it. (I couldn't even find anyone that still carries it to link for you, this is how long I've been hoarding it.  You can't even get it anymore! )So I decided to make this cute little card holder and a set of 8 cards to sell at my craft fair this coming winter.



I also dove into a stamp set that I have had for awhile but never used and it was Lanterns by Inkadinkado.  I really liked this set but just never cracked it open.





All of the embellishments, which were mostly just ribbon and buttons came from my stash.  I didn't want to over embellish these as I am selling them and perhaps whoever buys them wants to mail them.  I tried to keep them as flat as possible.   I used a variety of my Tim Holtz distress inks for this project and also my spellbinders to liven up the shapes of the images.  I really like how they turned out and I hope someone else does as well, enough to buy them:)

Make sure you stop by the UIT blog this week to enter our challenge and to see the rest of the really great projects the DT has for you this week.  I'm sure there were a lot of tears in craft rooms as we broke down and used up some of our favorite papers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TMS #564

Vintage Tag for St. Pattys (Challenge Masters DT)

Box it, Gift it